Admission to the School
In the interests of safety, please do NOT bring application forms or any other admissions paperwork into the school. Follow the instructions below and in communications we send you.
Consultation on Admission Arrangements 2023/2024
The Directors of the Academy Trust will review the Admission Arrangements for 2023/2024 entry in the Autumn. Any changes proposed will be published here and will be subject to consultation with parents and others in accordance with the Admissions Code.
Applying for a Year 7 or Year 12 place in September 2022
Our Admission Arrangements
Our admission process, including the criteria we use when we are oversubscribed, is set out fully in the Admission Arrangements here.
Open Evenings (arrangements may change, please check this page regularly)
- Year 7 Open Evenings - Tuesday 14th and Thursday 23rd September 2021. The Head will speak at 4.30pm and at 6.00pm. The last tour of the school will take place at 6.15pm.
- Year 12 Open Evenings for External Applicants - Thursday 7th and Tuesday 12th October 2021 at 5.00pm. The Head will speak at 5.00pm. The last tour of the school will take place at 6.00pm.
- Year 12 Open Evenings for Internal Applicants - Thursday 21st October 2021, 4.00pm-6.00pm.
- The deadline for music aptitude applications is 5.00pm, Monday 27th September 2021.
- Music aptitude tests will take place during the week which starts Monday 4th October 2021.
- The deadline for the local authority’s e-admissions form is 31st October 2021.
- The deadline for our supplementary Information form is 5.00pm, Friday 22nd October 2021.
- Ability banding tests will take place on Monday 1st November 2021.
- Offers will be made by the local authority on 1st March 2022.
- Admission appeals will be held in May 2022.
- The deadline for our supplementary information form is 5.00pm, Friday 5th November 2021.
- Course suitability discussions will take place in December 2021.
- Conditional offers will be made by the end of February 2022.
- Admission Appeals will be held in September 2022.
How to Apply
- Applicants with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) must contact their local authority for advice on school placements. You do not need to complete the school’s forms.
- Read the Admission Arrangements
- From 1 September, you can apply online here for a music aptitude place.
- Complete your local authority’s e-admission form, available from your local authority (Year 7 only).
- From 1 September, complete our online Supplementary Information Form for Year 7 here or for Year 12 here.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your online forms and request documents from you if applicable
- We would prefer online applications. If you cannot apply online, download the Admission Arrangements and complete the relevant form (included at the end of the document). Paper forms should be returned by post to reach the school before the closing date.
Applying for a place in-year this academic year 2021/2022
On 14 July 2021, the Directors agreed to vary the admission arrangements 2021/2022 to comply with the new Admissions Code 2021. The only change required was an expansion of the definition of previously looked after children to include those children who were in state care outside England and then adopted.
There are no vacancies at the moment. For further information, contact email@example.com. Click here to download the 2021/2022 admissions arrangements and here for an in-year Supplementary Information Form.
How to appeal against a decision not to admit
The appeals timetable, information booklet and appeal form is accessible here.
Please refer to our Privacy Notices here for information about the data we collect and how we use it.