Admission to the School
In the interests of safety, please do NOT bring application forms or any other admissions paperwork into the school. Follow the instructions below and in communications we send you.
Consultation on Admission Arrangements 2023/2024
The local governing body is considering responses to its consultation on changes to the admission arrangements for entry in 2023/2024. The following changes are proposed:
- A new oversubscription group for Year 7 entry offering up to 12 places to boys who attend feeder primary schools, with which we have developed working partnerships to improve pupil outcomes and better secondary transition.
- Reference to the Saint John Southworth Catholic Academy Trust as the admissions authority for the school.
- Clarification about who is eligible for consideration as an applicant adopted from state care outside England.
Click here to read the proposed arrangements and here to look at draft supplementary information forms. The consultation period was for seven weeks from Monday 22 November to 7 January 2022 and is now closed. The final arrangements will be determined by 28 February and will be published here by 15 March 2022.
Applying for a Year 7 or Year 12 place in September 2022
Our Admission Arrangements
Our admission process, including the criteria we use when we are oversubscribed, is set out fully in the Admission Arrangements here. These arrangements were varied on 22 September 2021 to take account of changes required by the Office of the Schools Adjudicator. The changes concerned the supervisory role of the local authority in the random allocation process and the presence of an independent person during musical aptitude testing.
Open Evenings (arrangements may change, please check this page regularly).
Please note that there is no need to book for these events.
- Year 7 Open Evenings - Tuesday 14th and Thursday 23rd September 2021. The Head will speak at 4.30pm and at 6.00pm. The last tour of the school will take place at 6.15pm. You can view last year's year 7 Virtual Open Evening here if you cannot attend the event.
- Year 12 Open Evenings for External Applicants - Thursday 7th and Tuesday 12th October 2021 at 5.00pm. The Head will speak at 5.00pm. The last tour of the school will take place at 6.00pm. You can view last year's Year 12 Open Evening here if you cannot attend the event, alongside subject information.
- Year 12 Open Evenings for Internal Applicants - Thursday 21st October 2021, 4.00pm-6.00pm.
- The deadline for music aptitude applications is 5.00pm, Monday 27th September 2021.
- Music aptitude tests will take place during the week which starts Monday 4th October 2021.
- The deadline for the local authority’s e-admissions form is 31st October 2021.
- The deadline for our supplementary Information form is 5.00pm, Friday 22nd October 2021.
- Ability banding tests will take place on Monday 1st November 2021.
- Offers will be made by the local authority on 1st March 2022.
- Admission appeals will be held in May 2022.
- The deadline for our supplementary information form is 5.00pm, Friday 5th November 2021.
- Course suitability discussions will take place in December 2021.
- Conditional offers will be made by the end of February 2022.
- Admission Appeals will be held in September 2022.
How to Apply
- Applicants with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) must contact their local authority for advice on school placements. You do not need to complete the school’s forms.
- Read the Admission Arrangements
- From 1 to 27 September, you can apply online here for a music aptitude place.
- Complete your local authority’s e-admission form, available from your local authority (Year 7 only).
- From 1 September to 31 October, complete our online Supplementary Information Form for Year 7 here.
- From mid-September to the start of November, complete our online Supplementary Information Form for Year 12 here.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your online forms and request documents from you if applicable
- We would prefer online applications. If you cannot apply online, download the Admission Arrangements and complete the relevant form (included at the end of the document). Paper forms should be returned by post to reach the school before the closing date.
Applying for a place in-year this academic year 2021/2022
On 14 July 2021, the Directors agreed to vary the admission arrangements 2021/2022 to comply with the new Admissions Code 2021. The only change required was an expansion of the definition of previously looked after children to include those children who were in state care outside England and then adopted.
There are no vacancies at the moment. For further information, contact email@example.com.
How to Apply
- Read the Admission Arrangements 2021/2022
- Download, complete and return the in-year supplementary information form
- We will acknowledge receipt of your form and write to you with the outcome of your application within 15 school days
How to appeal against a decision not to admit
The appeals timetable, information booklet and appeal form for applications made in the normal admissions round will be accessible in February.
The appeals timetable, information booklet and appeal form for applications made in-year is accessible here. Do not use this link if you have applied for a Year 7 or Year 12 place in the normal admissions round.
Please refer to our Privacy Notices here for information about the data we collect and how we use it.