Admission to the School
Consultation on Admission Arrangements 2022/2023
The Directors of the Academy Trust will review the Admission Arrangements for 2022/2023 entry in the Autumn. Any changes proposed will be published here and will be subject to consultation with parents and others in accordance with the Admissions Code.
Applying for a Year 7 or Year 12 place in September 2021
Our Admission Arrangements
Our admission process, including the criteria we use when we are oversubscribed, is set out fully in the Admission Arrangements here. Applicants are strongly advised to read this document. The Arrangements were agreed by the Directors of the Academy Trust on 13 February 2020. No changes were made. On 22 May 2020, the Directors agreed to increase the published admission number from 124 to 128 pupils in Year 7.
1: The Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School Lower School Open Evening
2: What makes The Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School so special?
The Year 12 open evening videos will be available here from 5.00 pm Tuesday 13 October. They will continue to be available until admissions close.
- The deadline for Music Aptitude Applications is 5.00 pm, Monday 28 September 2020.
- Music Aptitude Tests will take place during the week starting Monday 5 October 2020 (arrangements to be confirmed).
- The deadline for the local authority’s e-admissions form is 31 October 2020.
- The deadline for our supplementary Information form is 5.00 pm, Friday 23 October 2020.
- Ability Banding Tests will take place on Monday 2 November 2020 (arrangements to be confirmed).
- Offers will be made by the local authority on 1 March 2021.
- Admission appeals will be held in May 2021.
- The deadline for our supplementary information form is 5.00 pm, Friday 6 November 2020.
- Course suitability discussions will take place in December 2020.
- Conditional offers will be made by the end of February 2021.
- Admission Appeals will be held in September 2021.
How to Apply
Links to online forms will be active in September
- Applicants with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) must contact their local authority for advice on school placements. You do not need to complete the School’s forms.
- Read the Admission Arrangements here.
- Apply online here if you are applying for a music aptitude place.
- Complete your local authority’s e-admission form, available from your local authority (Year 7 only).
- Complete our online Supplementary Information Form for Year 7 here or for Year 12 here.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your online forms and request documents from you if applicable.
- If you would prefer to complete paper forms, download the Year 7 Music Aptitude Form here, the Year 7 Supplementary Information Form here and the Year 12 Supplementary Information Form here and return them by post to the School.
Applying for a place in-year this academic year 2020/2021
There are currently no vacancies. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to download the 2020/2021 admissions arrangements and here for an in-year Supplementary Information Form.
Please refer to our Privacy Notices here for information about the data we collect and how we use it..