Physics and Maths Undergraduate Summer Internship Programme
We are delighted to announce that in conjunction with the Agnus Dei Teaching School Alliance we will be running a four-week internship programme over the summer term offering students the opportunity to be placed in a number for schools in West, East and North London.
RBTSA Lead School: The Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School – Addison Rd, Holland Park, W14 8BZ
(Start and end date: 24/06/19-19/07/19)
Agnus Dei Lead School: St Bonaventure’s School- Boleyn Rd, E7 9QD (Start and end date: 17/06/19-12/07/19)
(For those applying to complete a Physics internship greater flexibility can be provided with start dates)
Participants will be receive a £300 a week bursary for the 4-week programme, a total of £1200.
Opportunities will include:
- A greater understanding of the role of a teacher
- Observing and supporting lessons
- Preparing and teaching lesson components
- Providing support to individual pupils
- Running an enrichment club
- Supporting the wider life of the school including school trips
- Visiting other schools including a primary school
To take part you will require an A-Level in Mathematics (and Physics if you want to teach Physics) and will be in an undergraduate degree course in Mathematics, Physics, engineering or a STEM-related subject. Preference will be given to penultimate year students but all undergraduates can apply.
For those interested in applying, please click complete the application form.