A-Level Results 2023
We are delighted to share this year’s A-Level & BTEC results, in which our pupils yet again performed exceptionally well.
- 70.4% of pupils awarded A*- B, 17.7% above the national average in England. In addition, this is up on our equivalent result in 2019, before the pandemic.
- 37.2% of pupils scored A*- A, again significantly ahead of the national average in England of 26.5% (and 22% for comprehensive schools).
- 89.5% of pupils awarded A*- C, up more than 4 percentage points on the equivalent pre-pandemic result from 2019 of 85.4%.
- 39 of our pupils were awarded three or more A* & A grades.
- 10 pupils achieved their required grades to take up places at Oxford and Cambridge.
Following the Government’s and Ofqual’s decision to reset the grade boundaries in England, the number of pupils receiving A*& A grades has significantly decreased nationally. This cohort of pupils also missed out on the experience of sitting GCSE examinations during the pandemic, making this their first set of public examinations since primary school SATs.
Paul Stubbings, Headmaster, comments: “We are very proud of the outgoing Upper Sixth, who have had big challenges to face in recent times but who have met them with confidence and dedication. As ever, each pupil should be recognised and commended for their individual achievements. Their results are the product of a great deal of hard work, resilience, and adaptability. Thank you to our expert teaching staff who have supported our pupils at every stage. We’re proud to continue our reputation for academic excellence and personal development."
Caroline Whelan, Associate Head & Head of Upper School added: “Congratulations to all our pupils for their hard work and for everything that they have achieved. This year group have had to adapt and work so hard due to the pandemic. We are enormously proud of our remarkable pupils, and know they will all go on to enjoy bright futures. They will always remain part of the Vaughan community.”
Final University destinations will be published later in September. We wish all our pupils all the best of luck in their next steps.