Admission to the School
Determination of the arrangements for admission in 2021/2022
Following a period of public consultation between 15 October and 3 December 2019, the Directors of the Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School Academy Trust determined the admission arrangements for the 2021/2022 entry year on 13 February 2020. The process of consultation and determination was carried out in accordance with the Admissions Code and associated regulations.The determined arrangements and forms can be downloaded here.
In accordance with Regulation 21 of the Regulations and Section 88 of the SSFA 1998, any person or body who considered that any maintained school or Academy's arrangements are unlawful, or not compliant with the Code or relevant law relating to admissions, can make an objection to the School Adjudicator. Information about Objections to the Schools Adjudicator can be obtained here
Entry in the 2020/2021 academic year
The Directors of the Academy Trust determined the admission arrangements and forms for 2020/2021 on 13 February 2019. No changes were proposed. A variation to increase the determined admission number from 124 to 128 pupils in Year 7 was agreed on 22 May 2019.
Applying for a school place 2020/2021
Please read the admission arrangements
The Year 7 Supplementary Information Form (SIF) can be downloaded here
- Open evenings will be held on Tuesday 17 and Thursday 26 September 2019. The Head Teacher will speak at 4.30 pm and 6.00 pm. The last tour is at 6.15 pm. You do not need to book a place.
- Parents of Boys with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) must contact their local authority for advice on school placements. You do not need to complete the School’s forms.
- Application for a Music Aptitude Place – The closing date for a music application has passed.
- Application for a Year 7 place – The closing date has passed.
The Year 12 Supplementary Information Form (SIF) can be downloaded here
- Open evenings for external applicants will be held on Thursday 3 and Tuesday 15 October 2019. The Head Teacher will speak at 5.00pm. The last tour will be held at 6.00pm. You do not need to book a place. Open evenings for internal applicants will be held on Thursday 10 October 2019 at 4.00pm.
- Applicants with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) must contact their local authority for advice on school placements. You do not need to complete the School’s forms.
- Application for a Year 12 place – The closing date has passed.
Please send any appeal forms and related correspondence by email to email@example.com
Download the Appeals Timetable here
Download Year 12 appeals guidance here
Download Year 7 appeals guidance here
Download an admission appeal form here
Entry in the 2019/2020 academic year
A variation to increase the determined admission number from 124 to 128 pupils in Year 7 was agreed on 22 May 2019.
Applying for an in-year place 2019/2020
There are currently no vacancies. For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to download the 2019/2020 admissions arrangements and here for an in-year Supplementary Information Form.
Like all schools, The Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School collect and hold personal information relating to our pupils and may also receive information about them from their previous school, local authority and/or the Department for Education (DfE). We also hold prospective parents’ contact details in order to communicate during and following the admissions process. If an application is unsuccessful we will continue to hold parental contact information and personal data for pupils on our reserve and allocation lists unless you email email@example.com to ask us not to.
We will not give information about prospective pupils and parents to anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so. We are required, by law, to pass certain information about our pupils to our local authority (LA) and the Department for Education (DfE). Please refer to our Data Protection Policy and the Privacy Notice for Pupils and Parents in the Policies section of the School’s website for further information.